Better in 180 Days
It’s time to make a few changes, nothing too outlandish but changes nonetheless. You wrote the about page, so there is no one more aware of your scatteredness than you but it is high time we narrow your vision on a few things. I am writing you this letter out of love. I wouldn’t dare criticize you. You know I love you, girl. I have entitled this letter Better in 180 Days because that’s the time frame I am giving you to improve upon some very specific areas. Now, you can say what you want, grumble if you must but do it you shall. I am doing you a favor and numbering these, because I know how much you love your lists.
- Health and Wellness – I love the progress you’ve made. I especially love how you have committed yourself to helping others. However, you have been working towards this goal for nearly 2 years now and although I know its not all about timing, we both know you could have been there by now if you stopped messing around. Don’t allow stress to derail you. Don’t make excuses for bad choices. Don’t reward yourself with bad eating. I know you know all of these things, I hear you tell others this all the time so spare me the eye roll. Put your big girl panties on and let’s crush this goal. Don’t nobody want to hear you talking about reaching goals and you haven’t reached yours yet. Yea, yea I know it makes you relatable but relate yourself to the goal, woman.
- Spiritual Growth: We have talked so many times about going to church. Less talk, more action. Don’t allow the “I am spiritual” cop out keep you from congregating with people who could teach you how to grow closer to GOD. You grew up in church. And, I hate to be the one to break it to you; you’re getting closer to death every day so this isn’t the time to be backsliding. Get it together. Join a church, become active and let the spirit lead you.
- Personal Growth: You have come a long way, personally. You have experienced quite a few hurdles, allow those experiences to make you stronger not give you an excuse. Yes, I know excuses are tools of the incompetent. I know the spiel, I was there with you. Just because you don’t call it an excuse doesn’t mean your behavior isn’t proving otherwise. Let go of all the things that plague your mind. All of the negative stuff open the window and let it go. In the grand scheme of things, you can’t change it. So, you might as well accept it and move on to bigger, better and more positive things. I know it’s easier said than done but something is telling me you can do it. Make like Elsa and LET IT GO!
- Passions: So, you’ve decided that writing is here to stay. I implore you to remain steadfast. Your 2017 words are FOCUS and CONSISTENCY; keep these words at the forefront of your mind. I feel that something is about to manifest in your life, but you have to do your part. You have to stay ready so you don’t have to get ready! I’m not trying to “motivational speaker” you to death, what I am trying to do is affirm that you are capable of doing great things in this field. You just have to stay committed.
- Network: You’re pretty likable, last I checked. Use this as a way to further expand your network. You seriously need to take a hard look at some of the connections you’ve made online and make sure they are worthwhile, if they aren’t, cut them loose. I want you to be very intentional in how you spend your time and energy. If it doesn’t grow you, it grows on you. You don’t need anything growing on you but hair. Take a step outside your comfort zone; I think you will be surprised just how comfortable you are with being uncomfortable.
Laneshia, I didn’t want to be too long winded. I essentially wanted to highlight some key areas where you could stand to be greater. Like I said, I am not preaching. This letter serves as a reminder that you have a lot of potential, if only you’d allow it to manifest itself.
See you 180 days.